STEEL INDUSTRY: ALUMINIZED
FABRICS FOR MOLTEN
THE REFLESPACE RANGE
Through REFLESPACE, OTEGO provides heat resistant fabrics manufactured specially to protect against hot molten splashes (both ferrous and non-ferrous). Thanks to an innovative aluminization technology, the fabrics remains supple and comfortable. The PPE made out of our REFLESPACE range are lightweight to make sure that the equipment made out of these materials are also comfortable to wear.
Working in metallurgy industry, such as steel mills or smelters, operators are often exposed to high level of radiant heat but also to, potentially lethal hot molten metal splashes (molten steel, molten aluminium…). To have a better picture : molten iron temperature is close to 1600°C, which is hotter than even the lava coming straight out of a volcano.
REFLESPACE is a line-up especially designed for industrial heat protections. It provides a comprehensive range of fabrics offering the best protection against radiant heat, convective heat and accidental molten metal splashes, while remaining comfortable and light weight.
If safety is our permanent concern, we believe that comfort should not be overlooked, since an adequate PPE is the key to increase working efficiency.
REFLESPACE ALUMINIZED FABRIC: THE BEST FOR SAFETY AND COMFORT
REFLESPACE is a unique laminating technology developed by OTEGO, that considerably enhances the protection of the fabrics against molten metal splashes by aluminizing the base cloth with a 100% pure aluminium foil. Compared to the usual aluminized fabrics, laminated with polyester films as interface, our fabrics provide higher resistance to peak temperatures (ISO 11612, D2 & E3 levels) while remaining light and supple.
REFLESPACE TECHNOLOGY VS STANDARD ALUMINIZATION PROCESS
EUROPEAN STANDARDS COMPLIANCE: ISO 11612
REFLESPACE range complies with the European standard for the heat and flame protective clothing ISO 11612. All our materials within the range are tested with both molten steel (D) and molten Aluminium (E). Their performances are rated from 1 to 3 (D3 and E3 being the highest score).
HOW CAN OUR REFLESPACE MATERIALS HELP YOUR DAILY WORKING ROUTINE?
BY PROVIDING A SAFER WORKING PLACE
- Our materials do not melt or burn when in contact with flames, heat or molten metals
- It provides the best protection against ferrous and non-ferrous molten metal splashes
- All our materials are certified by ISO 11612.
BY CONTRIBUTING TO SAVE COST
- Outstanding resistance to abrasion and delamination that gives you better life expectancy of PPE
- Cleanguard lacquer: easy cleaning.
BY PROVIDING A COMFORTABLE WEARING EXPERIENCE
- Ergonomic and supple
- Complies to REACH & ROHS
- Steel foundry
- Aluminum foundry
- Cement plant
- Glass plant
- Ferrous/ non-ferrous casting plant
- OTEGO innovates with REFLESPACE technology, that enables us to provide materials for PPE to reach the highest protection levels …
- Resistance to very high radiant heat (up to C4)
- Resistance to molten aluminum splashes (up to D3)
- Resistance to molten steel splashes (up to E3)
- Materials performance certified by ISO 11612 standards
- … without compromising on the comfort of the worker
- Comfortable and lightweight product
- Ergonomic, supple and odourless