AND EXHAUST COVER
PROTECTIVE COVERS FOR AIRCRAFT
The most critical part of the airplane is the engine so OTEGO has engineered a special fabric for covering it. This fabric meets the demanding requirements for aircraft applications.
PROTECTING ENGINE AND CRITICAL PART AGAINST EXTERNAL AGGRESSION
We use inlet covers to protect the fan and all the critical parts of the engine from:
- FOD (Foreign Object Damages) : The inlet cover prevents any damage caused by external parts and tools.
- Chemical Aggressions : Hydraulic fluids can damage the parts if there is a projection.
- Outdoor weather : Corrosion due to humidity, weather (snow, rain, cold)
- Damages : Scratches, Bumps
MANDATORY SPECIFICATIONS FOR COVERING AIRCRAFTS
Aircraft industry requires multiple standards and additional specifications:
- Fire Resistance : Our fabric is certified FAR25.853 and meets the requirement of fire resistance for on-board equipment.
- Smoke Toxicity & Opacity : Our fabric meets the Airbus Standard for smokes emission (ABD0031).
- Soft Touch (non-abrasive properties) : To prevent scratches or sign of abrasion, our fabric features a special non-abrasive knit base cloth (anti-crazing) on the contact side of the cover.
- UV Resistance : Our fabric is coated with a UV resistant PU polymer that insures the long lasting lifetime of the cover.
- Chemical Resistance : Our fabric has been designed to resist to various chemical aggressions. The fabric can withstand Skydrol and Jet fuel exposure.
- Mechanical Resistance : Due to its unique construction, our fabric is the best combination between mechanical resistance and lightweight.
Our Aircraft cover fabric is approved by
- Inlet & Exhaust cover protects
- Engine from FODs
- Nacelle’s leap (inlet) against corrosion & external aggression
- Exhaust engine against corrosion & FODs
- OTEGO’s fabrics
- Meets the mandatory requirements for covering aircrafts
- Is suitable for on-board equipment.
- Is approved by Airbus Group & Dassault Aviation